Easy way to combine projects for analysis?

Hello. I am running experiments where I need to analyze millions of traces and was wondering if there was an easy way to combine data smaller data sets for analysis in CW5?

For example, I captured two different sets of 500k traces, each in a separate project. I would like to combine the data from these two projects in order to to perform an attack on all 1 million traces at once. In CW4 I always manually selected files to add for analysis, but I was wondering if there was a better way to do this in CW5.

Thank you for your time.

Hi Jackie,

project.traces supports the extend method so you should be able to do something along the lines of:

proj1 = cw.open_project("<path1>")
proj2 = cw.open_project("<path2>")

proj1.traces.extend(proj2.traces)

I’m not sure what your plans are regarding analysis, but one suggestion I’ll make is to check out LASCAR (https://github.com/Ledger-Donjon/lascar), which offers a pretty substantial speed upgrade over the Analyzer part of ChipWhisperer.

Hope that helps,

Alex

Alex, thank you very much! This is very helpful. I remember you mentioning LASCAR earlier, will take another look at it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,

I am trying to combine 2 projects together with ‘extend’ function as seen below :

# project100 has 100 traces
projectFile = "./projects/test/Proj_TraceAES100.cwp"
project100 = cw.open_project(projectFile)

# project200 has 200 traces
projectFile200 = "./projects/test/Proj_TraceAES200.cwp"
project200 = cw.open_project(projectFile200)

# combine the two projects
project100.traces.extend(project200.traces)

# check that project100 has 300 traces
project100.traces

at the end, I proceed with the number of traces of the project to check If the addition has been made and I always have the number of traces of the project alone.

The verification is not good or the addition has not been made ?

Thank you for your time.

Answered here.