Git branch for 5.0 alpha?

Hi all, Hi Colin,

is the current 5.0 alpha branch available somewhere on github or is this not yet publicly available? I did not find it immediately on the github site.

IIUC, the 4.0 release is not supporting the nano device that you gave me at Nurenberg as give away. … Just wanted to try it out and got stuck somewhere when executing some scripts and thought taking the current git head version might be a good idea …

Yours,

Björn.

Hi Björn,

You can find the CW5 branch at https://github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer/tree/cw5dev. There’s also the CW5 preview release which includes a VM you can connect to. This can be found at https://github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer/releases/tag/5.0.0alpha.

Alex

Thanks.

I gave the head version from the GIT branch a try.

Still I am currently struggling with getting a very first “connect” to a “nano” device. I had some hope that the head version might have fixed some issues.

I’m working on a linux host and seeing the device in the output of the dmesg command …

[ 739.737035] usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-pci
[ 739.848065] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=2b3e, idProduct=ace0, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 739.848070] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 739.848073] usb 2-1.2: Product: ChipWhisperer Nano
[ 739.848077] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: NewAE Technology Inc.
[ 739.848080] usb 2-1.2: SerialNumber: 533331003257394c3130313038343039

stil the python commands

#connect to chipwhisperer
scope = cw.scope()
target = cw.target(scope)

Warning: Failed to find USB Device

and also python CWCaptureGUI.py

does report that there is no connected target …

Both my local installation and the version where I did connect through the VM show the same behaviour. Jupyter and all of the build stuff works fine.

Both (VM and my host machine) actually see the USB device, but no connect succeeds to the nano device …

… actually I got a step further meanwhile …

With the additional “help” command output in the GIT version, I did find the link to the required
command for establishing the link to the device …

scope = cw.scope(cw.scopes.CWNano)

Also I believe that one should update the documentation regarding the etc/udev/rules.d/ file, since the nano device seems to have the product id 0xace0 …

idVendor 0x2b3e
idProduct 0xace0

Now at least programming of the victim did suceed.