Problem with capture for STM32F1

Hello,

I am trying to capture traces on the CW308T UFO board with an STM32F1 target.

I already tried with an XMEGA and an STM32F3 targets on this board and everything worked well.

Concerning the STM32F1, the programming succeeds but when I try to capture with the CWCapture software, I get the following error :

WARNING:Response length from target shorter than expected (0<34): “”.
WARNING:Timeout in OpenADC capture(), trigger FORCED

As said here https://wiki.newae.com/CW308T-STM32F, I adjusted the clock frequency to 8MHz.

As suggested on some related topics, I tried producing the binary with different versions of the arm-none-eabi-gcc compiler but it didn’t resolve the problem.

Here is the configuration of my board.

Can anyone help ? Thanks for reading.

Hi,

Can you try uploading the .elf file from the F1 build? That should help me narrow down whether this is a compiler issue or not.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I am not allowed to add attachments as a new user. Here is a link for the .elf on google drive.

Hi,

Sorry I haven’t had much of a chance to look at this. I did take a look at the binary and it doesn’t appear to have the issue that changing compilers will solve. I’ll take a look at the code for the F1 and make sure everything’s up to date and correct.

Alex

Hi,

Did you set the clock frequency back to 7.37MHz after programming?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. No I didn’t, the page I linked before says we must put on 8MHz. Do you suggest to try the 7.37 frequency ?

Ines

Hi Ines,

Sorry again for the late reply. You’ll need to change back to 7.37MHz after programming the device. I’ve updated the wiki since this wasn’t clear before.

Alex