"Parameter Path" Error

Hi!

I am following all the steps in the glitch-simple tutorial for automated parameter variation.

However, I get this error when I try to run the datacapture. Can you please advise? A screenshot is also attached.

Please help…I have also attached a screenshot.

Thank you.

[b]An error has occurred:
Choose a valid Parameter Path for Tuning Parameter “Offset” . Got: [‘Glitch Module’, ‘Glitch Offset (as % of period)’, 26.20938]

It is usually safe to continue, but save your work just in case.
If it persists, try reseting the settings first before creating a new ticket informing the details bellow.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/ui/CWCaptureGUI.py”, line 113, in
self.captureMAct = QAction(QIcon(‘:/images/playM.png’), ‘Capture M’, self, triggered=lambda: self.doCapture(self.captureM))
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/ui/CWCaptureGUI.py”, line 219, in doCapture
if callback():
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/ui/CWCaptureGUI.py”, line 231, in captureM
ret = self.api.captureM(self.capturingProgressBar)
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/common/api/CWCoreAPI.py”, line 358, in captureM
ac.doReadings(tracesDestination=self.project().traceManager(), progressBar=progressBar)
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/api/acquisition_controller.py”, line 161, in doReadings
if self.doSingleReading():
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/api/acquisition_controller.py”, line 116, in doSingleReading
self.textout = self.targetDoTrace(self.textin, key=None)
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/api/acquisition_controller.py”, line 74, in targetDoTrace
resp = self.target.readOutput()
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/targets/SimpleSerial.py”, line 196, in readOutput
self.newInputData.emit(self.ser.read(databytes))
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/common/utils/util.py”, line 213, in emit
method(targetObj, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/common/utils/util.py”, line 213, in emit
method(targetObj, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/ui/CWCaptureGUI.py”, line 93, in newTargetData
self.glitchMonitor.addResponse(data)
File “/home/pi/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/ui/GlitchExplorerDialog.py”, line 386, in addResponse
raise StopIteration(“Choose a valid Parameter Path for Tuning Parameter "%s" . Got: %s” % (self.tuneParamList[i].name(), self.tuneParamList[i].paramScript))
StopIteration: Choose a valid Parameter Path for Tuning Parameter “Offset” . Got: [‘Glitch Module’, ‘Glitch Offset (as % of period)’, 26.20938][/b]

You should not insert the value with the parameter path. It was changed recently since the value is calculated for each iteration from the information in the other fields.
The tutorial probably needs to be updated.

Take a look at: wiki.newae.com/Glitch_Explorer

Thank you. It works now.

Is there a way to save the glitch map data as an ASCII file for further analysis? I would like to run a parameter sweep across several variables and study the glitch map “point cloud”.

Thanks.

Hi Shemmady,

Oops - will update the tutorial (thanks Adriel for saving me here). Right now there isn’t an export method, the glitch data itself can be stored in a file, but the 2D map isn’t stored. The glitch data is in a simple Python pickle file, so you can import it easily. These options are in the recording section:

glitch_example.png

Thanks,

-Colin

PS: Sorry for the huge delay here in answering!