CWCapture + CWLite + Picoscope 6404D: How-to?

I’m using the latest software: chiipwhisperer & python-picoscope from git, and latest Picoscope SDK. Separately, the Picoscope & ChipWhisperer software + ChipWhisperer Lite work properly.

However, I’d like to use the Picoscope with the ChipWhisperer Lite board. I see the hole for the measurement probe, and the hole (#16) for the trigger probe. Using the Picoscope software, I’m able to get a good signal.

I have tried two things:

[list=1]
[]I opened the ChipWhisperer software, selecting:

[list=a]
[
]Scope: PicoScope

1. Target: Simple Serial
  2. Trace: ChipWhisperer/Native
    [/:m]
    [
    ]Scope Settings, selecting PS6000, with trigger as Probe D.
    [
    ]Target settings confirming the default options for NewAE USB (CWLite/CW1200)
    [
    ]In the icon bar, I select the icon for Scope:Connect, and the scope’s fan starts and the scope connects.
INFO - Scope Connected
[/code][/*:m]
[*]In the icon bar, I select the icon for Target:Connect, and it all falls apart:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/e54AaVd.png[/img]
[code]ERROR - Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/richard/Documents/ChipWhisperer/chipwhisperer-git/software/chipwhisperer/capture/ui/CWCaptureGUI.py", line 157, in doConDisTarget
    if self.api.connectTarget():
  File "/home/richard/Documents/ChipWhisperer/chipwhisperer-git/software/chipwhisperer/common/api/CWCoreAPI.py", line 260, in connectTarget
    self.getTarget().con(scope=self.getScope())
  File "/home/richard/Documents/ChipWhisperer/chipwhisperer-git/software/chipwhisperer/capture/targets/_base.py", line 66, in con
    self._con(scope)
  File "/home/richard/Documents/ChipWhisperer/chipwhisperer-git/software/chipwhisperer/capture/targets/SimpleSerial.py", line 107, in _con
    self.ser.con(scope)
  File "/home/richard/Documents/ChipWhisperer/chipwhisperer-git/software/chipwhisperer/capture/targets/simpleserial_readers/cwlite.py", line 84, in con
    self.cwlite_usart = CWL_USART(scope.qtadc.ser)
AttributeError: 'PicoScopeInterface' object has no attribute 'qtadc'
[/code][/*:m][/list:o]
[/*:m]
[*]

1. Starting with an existing script: Project -> Example Scripts -> ChipWhisperer-Lite: AES SimpleSerial on XMEGA
1. The board connects and the first trace is displayed in the GUI.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/pduzw0W.png[/img]
[code]INFO - Running Script: ChipWhisperer-Lite: AES SimpleSerial on XMEGA
INFO - Found ChipWhisperer-Lite, Serial Number = 00000000000000000000000000000000
INFO - SAM3U Firmware version = 0.11 b0
INFO - FPGA programmed
INFO - OpenADC Found, Connecting
INFO - Finished Script: ChipWhisperer-Lite: AES SimpleSerial on XMEGA[/code]
1. On the Generic Settings tab, I select Scope: PicoScope.
1. On the Scope Settings tab, I select Scope Type: PS6000, Trigger Source: D
1. In the icon bar, I select the icon for Scope:Connect, and the scope's fan starts and the scope connects.
[code]
INFO - Scope Connected
[/code]
1. I then press the button to capture one trace, and it all falls apart.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IDCDWjd.png[/img]
[list=a]
[*]The log says nothing was received from the ChipWhisperer Lite: [code]
WARNING - Response length from target shorter than expected (0<34): "".
  1. The Encryption Status Monitor shows no Text Out.
  2. The power graph back from the scope is flat.
    [/:m][/list:o][/:m][/list:o]
  • So, if the Picoscope is supported with ChipWhisperer, how can I get it to work?
  • Is it supported with the ChipWhisperer Lite board?
  • Does this issue have something to do with the mysterious QTADC object not being passed around?