Chipwhisperer setup Agilent MSO8064 with Sakura-GW board

Hi, I’m doing a research on side channel attacks and have sakura-gw board with smart card and an Agilent infiniium scope. (MSO8064A) I also have “chipwhisperer-0.12RC1” installed on my windows and FTDI drivers as well.
i think connected sakura-g board with my PC but with using example scripts(SAKURA G: AES 128 FPGA target ) it doesn’t work. Actually my big problem is i couldnt connect my scope and PC.
First i connect the computer and scope using a physical ethernet cable and make a network, wiki.newae.com/VISA_Connected_Oscilloscope i did this all steps and moreover, On the scope, i run Agilent Connection Expert and i add instrument , and determine scope IP. VISA address is TCPIP0:169.254.XX.XX::inst0::INSTR this work properly but in chipwhisperer just i see scope module: chipwhisperer/OpenADC not Agilent. :confused: i dont see the waves.

and OpenADC is working or not? i am so confused. The error given is:

****Running Script: SAKURA-G: AES-128 FPGA Target***** Starting User Script ***** Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py", line 60, in change param.opts['set'](data) File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\openadc.py", line 587, in setAdcSource result = self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_READ, ADDR_ADVCLK, maxResp=4) AttributeError: 'PySide.QtGui.QTextBrowser' object has no attribute 'sendMessage' Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py", line 60, in change param.opts['set'](data) File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\openadc.py", line 280, in setMaxSamples self.oa.setMaxSamples(samples) AttributeError: 'PySide.QtGui.QTextBrowser' object has no attribute 'setMaxSamples' Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py", line 60, in change param.opts['set'](data) File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\openadc.py", line 229, in setGain self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_WRITE, ADDR_GAIN, cmd) AttributeError: 'PySide.QtGui.QTextBrowser' object has no attribute 'sendMessage' Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py", line 60, in change param.opts['set'](data) File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\openadc.py", line 378, in setMode cur = self.oa.settings() & ~(SETTINGS_TRIG_HIGH | SETTINGS_WAIT_YES); AttributeError: 'PySide.QtGui.QTextBrowser' object has no attribute 'settings' Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py", line 60, in change param.opts['set'](data) File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\openadc.py", line 587, in setAdcSource result = self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_READ, ADDR_ADVCLK, maxResp=4) AttributeError: 'PySide.QtGui.QTextBrowser' object has no attribute 'sendMessage' Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py", line 73, in change linked.setValue(linked.opts['get']()) File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\openadc.py", line 647, in phase result = self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_READ, ADDR_PHASE, maxResp=2); AttributeError: 'PySide.QtGui.QTextBrowser' object has no attribute 'sendMessage' Traceback (most recent call last): File "ChipWhispererCapture.py", line 504, in runScript m.run() File "c:\chipwhisperer\software\chipwhisperer\capture\scripts\sakurag-aes.py", line 110, in run cap.capture1() File "ChipWhispererCapture.py", line 788, in capture1 ac.doSingleReading() File "c:\chipwhisperer\software\chipwhisperer\capture\AcquisitionController.py", line 133, in doSingleReading self.scope.arm() File "c:\chipwhisperer\software\chipwhisperer\capture\scopes\OpenADC.py", line 693, in arm self.qtadc.arm() File "c:\chipwhisperer\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\qt.py", line 197, in arm self.sc.arm() AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'arm'

Thank you so much.

i connected my scope via VISA address (just writing connect string) but I saw Agilent MSO54831D not my scope type(it should be Agilent MSO8064), but this time it gives error when I get capture, and it connects but all responses have length of zero:

self.target.setOpenADC(self.scope.qtadc.ser) AttributeError: 'VisaScopeInterface' object has no attribute 'qtadc'

:confused:

and the most important question is; if I “Open monitor”, I saw Expected= ? just question mark.
youtu.be/LRYqiLdya7g?t=151 not like 2:35 min. in video. I just saw ? but I have text in, text out and Enc. Key.

Hi Bahar,

I’m not 100% sure if the VISA stuff is working in any specific release - we don’t officially support it so it may require some testing/hacking on your end. Have you installed the required Python modules?

If you have a “Help–>List Enabled/Disabled Plugins” that should tell you when the VISA module isn’t loading, although it may not have a ton of useful information.

The SAKURA-W (with SAKURA-G) isn’t something I’ve used/tested myself either. The OpenADC errors are because it is expecting an OpenADC plugged in. As a first test you should set the scope to “NONE” with the target set to SAKURA-G. You can get test encryptions working first, then get the scope connected later.

Be aware I think the interfac emay have changed at some point. If you want to use the SAKURA-G you might need the files in this thread to test with first: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28&p=156&hilit=sakura+mcs#p162

But if you can get the SAKURA-G working alone it might give you a good starting point!

-Colin

Hi Colin,

Thank you so much for quick reply. Actually i installed visa drivers and agilent 8000 setup drivers as well:

and i connected scope with connect string: TCPIP0::169.2xx.xxx.xx::inst0::INSTR its connected.

but when i get the capture :

i have Python installed correct version (2.7.6) and pyqtgraph, configobj, pyusb==1.0.0b1 all component install successfully. ftd2xx is required for SAKURA-G, i installed too. As you can see ChipWhisperer is working correctly. i installed AVR Compiler Toolchain. i will try to figure out.
Thanks again Colin. <3

Bahar.

still expected is ?

and chipwhisperer don’t see the my scope type but anyway i connected. :mrgreen: