CW 305

Hello,
Is there any updated tutorial for using the CW305 target FPGA with Capture v4.0 software?

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Currently, the CW305 has not been added to the 4.0 api yet. I just created an issue on github as a reminder to finish it.

The version 3 tutorial stills works for using the artix board to capture aes traces, and will still work after the artix board is added to the 4.0 api.

Let me know you have you any more questions.

Cheers,
Franz

Hello Franz,

Thanks for your reply.
I am using VMWare (32-bit image of the CW). Which version of the Xilinx Vivado should I install for the Artix 7A100T FPGA?

Cheers,
Ron

Hi Ron,
Vivado is a really large install, so I would install it on the host os not in the VM.
Any version should be fine, I would use the latest. You can just build on the host and move it into the vm.
Let me know if you have issues
Cheers,
Franz

Hi Franz,

I have installed Vivado on the host pc. But how can I move it to the VM?

Another issue I am facing when connecting the CW305 target to my laptop (kept on charging), VCC_INT drops from 1 V to 0.06 V, although it works fine for a desktop. Is this a known issue?

Cheers,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I don’t mean moving Vivado over, but moving the fpga bitstream over once you make it.

If I were to guess it might just be a power issue with the laptop usb port being limited in current. You could try switching the cw305 to external power, this may fix the issue.

It could also have to do with the drivers not being properly installed for the cw305, this option might be more likely. Could you check the cw305 appears properly in the device manager.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Franz