Connection timed out

Hi,

I’m using the ChipWhisperer Lite with the CW303. I’m attempting to capture large data, I need it for aes. However, while trying to capture a large data of 10000 traces the error ‘USBError:[Errno None] error sending control message: Connection timed out’ occurs.

Below is the error code.

“/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/common/api/CWCoreAPI.py”, line 394, in runScriptClass
return eval(‘m.%s()’ % funcName)
File “”, line 1, in
File “tvla.py”, line 110, in run
self.api.capture1()
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/common/api/CWCoreAPI.py”, line 313, in capture1
return ac.doSingleReading()
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/api/acquisition_controller.py”, line 109, in doSingleReading
self.scope.arm()
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/OpenADC.py”, line 173, in arm
self.advancedSettings.armPostScope()
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererExtra.py”, line 66, in armPostScope
self.glitch.armPostScope()
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererGlitch.py”, line 421, in armPostScope
self.glitchArm()
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererGlitch.py”, line 400, in glitchArm
self.glitchManual()
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererGlitch.py”, line 392, in glitchManual
resp = self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_READ, glitchaddr, Validate=False, maxResp=8)
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/_OpenADCInterface.py”, line 1015, in sendMessage
data = bytearray(self.serial.cmdReadMem(address, datalen))
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/hardware/naeusb/naeusb.py”, line 230, in cmdReadMem
self.sendCtrl(cmd, data=pload)
File “/home/cwuser/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/hardware/naeusb/naeusb.py”, line 207, in sendCtrl
return self.usbdev().ctrl_transfer(0x41, cmd, value, 0, data, timeout=self._timeout)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/usb/core.py”, line 971, in ctrl_transfer
self.__get_timeout(timeout))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/usb/backend/libusb0.py”, line 528, in ctrl_transfer
timeout
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/usb/backend/libusb0.py”, line 380, in _check
raise USBError(errmsg, ret)
Warning: Could not execute method run in script class UserScript: ‘USBError:[Errno None] error sending control message: Connection timed out’

The problem is that I want to capture even more traces such as 1000000. So, can anyone help me with this bug???
Just to mention that I’m using your VM, with the host machine being windows 7 x64. I changed the VM settings to use 3GBs of Ram.

You must send the password before the timeout occurs – you can increase the length of the timeout if needed to give yourself more time! If this works you should see the power consumption displayed in the GUI.