Chip Shouter fault_temp_sensor

Hello,

I’ve raised that question before, and I got a new firmware build, but my CS keeps getting fault_temp_sensor errors. Is there currently a way around that?

Hi,

What firmware version are you on? I think I’ve fixed the error, but it’s a little hard to say because the underlying cause isn’t consistent.

Alex

Version is GKHZ2N:2.0.2

Sorry about the late reply here, ended up getting sidetracked with the new release. 2.0.3 is the newest firmware and that should fix the temp sense issue

See

For update instructions

Alex

Hi!

Just wanted to add here, I updated my ChipSHOUTER to this firmware version and it seems to have removed the need for checking trigger_safe between arming and actually triggering (see my other thread).

One thing though: the .md file does not mention how to actually update. I was running with the chipshouter package from pip and it seems that does not contain the firmware update functionality.

So if you try to update the firmware, make sure to clone from github and do pip install . from the repo. Then do something like this from a python console:

>>> from chipshouter import ChipSHOUTER
>>> shouter = ChipSHOUTER("/dev/ttyUSB1")
>>> shouter.update_firmware("cw520_xxx_2-0-3_firmware.fup")
Connection successful
Sending: cw520_xxx_2-0-3_firmware.fup
Checking board ID...
Board ID matches file.
Attempting reset - you may need to power cycle ChipSHOUTER NOW with some versions.
You will hear ChipSHOUTER reset, but sometimes you need power cycle to allow update.
Sending reset for download .... [0]
Downloading: 100%|###########################################################################################################################################################################################################| 187/187 [00:10<00:00, 18.64it/s]

After this I still have the “issue” that trigger_safe returns False for a while after arming the CS, but it does not generate errors when triggering anymore.

Thanks, I’ll try it out and report on the results.