CW-lite IO glitching

Hi everyone,

I am trying to glitch a target with uboot into the shell.

Using the vcc pin and glitch output I can glitch during boot but always getting a system halt with a message to reboot the system.

I did notice that when grounding the clock pin at a specific time the system will halt too. Grounding the clock pin for 0.5s.

It seems that I can not use the glitch pin for this long period.

So I would like to use one of the io pins to drive the clock pin to gnd. But this most likely will not work as accurately. Can I specify clock cycles to wait till changing io pin status. And also have the io pin low for specified clock cycles or millisecond?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Something like that should be possible, but you’ll need to modify and rebuild the FPGA bitstream: chipwhisperer/hardware/common/hdl at develop · newaetech/chipwhisperer · GitHub and chipwhisperer/hardware/capture/chipwhisperer-lite/hdl at develop · newaetech/chipwhisperer · GitHub. You can build with Xilinx ISE

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I did find another solution. To extend the trigger repeat I just stacked manual triggers. The timing is a problem though because it is not coupled with the clock.

-e