Problem with Chipwhisperer lite and Sample scripts

Hello,

I have just unpacked my CW lite and installed everything but I ran into the following problem when trying to run the AES simple serial on XMEGA :

Running Script: ChipWhisperer-Lite: AES SimpleSerial on XMEGA* Starting User Script *****
No phase shift loaded
Timeout in OpenADC capture(), trigger FORCED
Timeout
Timeout
***** Ending User Script *****

I have also flashed the new SAMU firmware with no luck.

Could you please tell me what is wrong with my device?

Thanks,

Ali

I found out that I have to program the XMEGA with AES serial firmware and the script is not doing that.

This is in contrast with what the tutorial has in it.

Thanks,

Ali

Hi Ali,

Hmm… very sorry about that confusion! There were a handful of units that had the firmware erased during the testing, you must have gotten one of those. I thought we caught all the units that happened to, glad you were able to solve that though.

-Colin

Hi,

I have the same problem as:

Running Script: ChipWhisperer-Lite: AES SimpleSerial on XMEGA* Starting User Script *****
No phase shift loaded
Timeout
Timeout
***** Ending User Script *****

How can I overcome this problem? I read the answer but it is not informative enough for me to solve the problem.
Thanks
Konoha

Is there anyone that can help me with this issue? I have been waiting for the last 3 weeks and no one responded. Any help will be appreciated greatly!

I really appreciate some guidance!! I need to solve this issue otherwise I cannot use the chipwhisperer that I paid for.

Thanks a lot in advance…

Hi Konoha,

Sorry on the very slow response - if you have “product not working” problems the best bet is to directly contact us (i.e., sales-AT-newae.com) to ensure we get back to you ASAP. Things should work as advertised, and if not we’ll remedy that for you immediately. The forum is normally used for more advanced questions (where others might have an answer), and I missed the response to an older question here.

Anyway - did you perform the XMEGA programming step? The hex-file is present at app.assembla.com/spaces/chipwhi … format=raw .

Thanks,

-Colin