Questions about Supported Scopes

Hello,

Just back now, so hopefully a little more responsive. To answer questions:

1. I would add try except around the visaInsta.ask() calls, like this:
result = self.visaInst.ask(":TRIGger:STATus?")

Becomes as a test:

try:
    result = self.visaInst.ask(":TRIGger:STATus?")
except :
    print "Exception, VISA ignored"
    return
  1. I have used this with other scopes… although I was using my own firmware for the SASEBO-W originally, I need to confirm that portion of it still works with the regular firmware.

2. The smartcard module requires you to install pyscard, see sourceforge.net/projects/pyscard/ for the installers.

No exception occurs about the test"self.visaInst.ask(":TRIGger:STATus?")" … TraceBack still located in the “readraw()” function…

If I change the header “:TRIGger:EDGE:SWEep NORMal” to “:TRIGger:EDGE:SWEep AUTO”, the waveform image could display in the capture software, but as the “Agilent 1000 Series Programmer’s Guide” said, AUTO mode means if a trigger event does not occur within a time determined by the oscilloscope settings, the oscilloscope automatically forces a trigger which causes the oscilloscope to sweep.

So it seems that trigger event still could not occur in fact…

Could you give a tutorial of SASEBO-W with common scope(like Agilent MSO 54831D in the 6.5.2 documentation)? Thanks!

Will try to update that! That scope is actually in a shared lab so I don’t always have access to it, so have been delaying writing that :wink: Will try to find some time when it’s unused…

OK! Thanks a lot!