SCA coupling with Fault Injection with CW-Lite

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if the CW-Lite offers the possibility to trigger a power glitch from a continuous power trace analyser ?

First, can you confirm that using measure channel with the T-connector will allow me to see the VCore power ? Is it quite precize obviously to detect a peak in processor activity ?

Does it exist a software setup to make that or an example ?

Thanks by advance !

Sounds like you need a CW-Pro and its sum of absolute differences capability.
CW-Husky (coming soon) will also have this capability.
Unfortunately you cannot do this with a CW-lite.

I’m not sure if I’ve understood your question correctly but yes, if you use a T-connector on our CW308 target boards, you can measure power and glitch at the same time.

Jean-Pierre

I’m not sure if I’ve understood your question correctly but yes, if you use a T-connector on our CW308 target boards, you can measure power and glitch at the same time.

Isn’t the accuracy of the ChipWhisperer-Lite enough to detect a costly operation on the VCore and so glitching from that ?

Yes. But CW-lite cannot act from this in realtime. (Unless you customize its FPGA bitfile to add such functionality. This is totally feasible; you’ll have to remove some functionality to make space for the new logic, and you’ll be on your own – this isn’t something we can support.)

How?
If your question is: “is there a way for CW-lite to issue a glitch when it sees a power sample that exceeds some threshold?”, the answer is no, as per above.
With a CW-Pro/Husky, the SAD trigger can be used to detect the power trace signature of the “costly operation” and issue the glitch.

Jean-Pierre