Changing frequency (F_CPU) in simpleserial-aes

I’m building the simpleserial-aes, from the chip whisperer project, for running in my own board on an Atmega168p. I need to change the CPU frequency, due to different crystal, but when I change the defined value in the makefile, it doesn’t get changed when I build. Build command is: chipwhisperer/hardware/victims/firmware/simpleserial-aes/make PLATFORM=CW301_AVR

The constant F_CPU=7372800 is found here: https://github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer/blob/develop/hardware/victims/firmware/hal/Makefile.hal

A piece of compilation output: Compiling C: simpleserial-aes.c avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega328 -I. -fpack-struct -gdwarf-2 - DSS_VER=SS_VER_1_1 -DHAL_TYPE=HAL_avr -DPLATFORM=CW301_AVR - DAVRCRYPTOLIB -DF_CPU=7372800UL -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fshort-enums -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=objdir/simpleserial- aes.lst -I.././simpleserial/ -I.././hal -I.././hal/avr -I.././crypto/ - I.././crypto/avrcryptolib//aes -I.././crypto/avrcryptolib//gf256mul - std=gnu99 -MMD -MP -MF .dep/simpleserial-aes.o.d simpleserial-aes.c -o objdir/simpleserial-aes.o

I’ve tried editing in the right place and also tried adding some extra compiler options in Makefile.inc (https://github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer/blob/develop/hardware/victims/firmware/Makefile.inc ) , but nothing seems to get through.

I’ve also tried make clean between the tries and I even made a brute force find-and-replace of all places in the project where I could find a definition of F_CPU. But no difference. Also tried restarting computer between tries.

I am a bit suspicious of compiler output showing -DF_CPU=7372800UL , and source code showing F_CPU = 7372800. Does this mean that F_CPU is not defined in Makefile.hal? But when I search all files in the project for 7372800UL, it can’t be found, so where is it defined then?

Nevermind. From some reason, changing the constant sticks now.

Hello,

The system really works best when the clocks are synchronized hence I would suggest to try and get that working.