ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘chipwhisperer’
I am using Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS as my operating system. I have Python 2.7.15+ installed as alias python, Python 3.6.8 installed as alias python3. Both versions of python have jupyter notebooks installed. In jupyter notebooks, I am running the Python 3 kernel.
I have attached a picture as well to help show the error. Any ideas on what could possibly be causing this?
I should note that I do not have this problem on another computer that I use with the same operating system and settings. However, even though the tests on that computer run successfully, the results are erroneous compared to CW4. I posted this issue in a separate thread.
Actually, just kidding. I am using several computers and got confused about which computer I was talking about. The computer that has the error upon “import chipwhisperer” still has this error despite me reinstalling chipwhisperer using the better instructions. Any ideas?
Sounds like a Python installation problem.
Look at the output of:
If you installed CW in develop mode as per the instructions, then you should see the path to CW in there (e.g. for me: 'c:\\users\\jp\\github\\cw_develop\\software').
Figure out why it’s not there. Did something go wrong when you ran python -m pip install -e . --user?
I think there is a verbose switch that will tell you exactly what it’s doing.
It seems that everything is correct in Python if I’m understanding your instructions properly. I have downloaded Chipwhisperer 5 into a folder named “chipwhisperer5”, I believe that I have the correct folder added to sys path, specifically, “/home/jackie/chipwhisperer5/software”
Python 3.6.8 (default, Oct 7 2019, 12:59:55)
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.
After playing around a bit, I saw that it looked like chipwhisperer loads fine in a python3 terminal. So I figured the issue was with Jupyter Notebooks, which it was. Even though it already had a Python3 kernel, it was not actually properly installed. I fixed it with the following commands:
However, I now have another error which I will post in a separate forum to keep things a bit more clean. In short, it throws an error about not having a languid when I try to set up the scope. Thanks for your advice!