ChipWhisperer firmware update issue

I have setup ChipWhisperer using the official link. When I run following code in python, got firmware upgrade warning.

import chipwhisperer as cw
scope = cw.scope()
print(scope.fw_version)

(ChipWhisperer NAEUSB WARNING|File naeusb.py:699) Your firmware (1.0) is outdated - latest is 1.62See Updating Firmware — ChipWhisperer 5.7.0 documentation for more information {‘major’: 1, ‘minor’: 0, ‘debug’ : 0}

Can someone kindly guide me what should I do to upgrade it as I have tried following code mentioned in the official guide

import chipwhisperer as cw
scope = cw.scope()
scope.upgrade_firmware()

But my Chipwhisperer display was gone and I have gone through guide and installed CW1200_SAM3UFW using BOSSA. And successfully restored it into original state. Now it’s display is coming and giving same warning in python code.

Hi,

Did you get any sort of error message when you tried running scope.upgrade_firmware()? Also, what method did you use to install ChipWhisperer? Are you using the latest release version?

Alex

@Alex_Dewar I did not get any error while running scope.upgrade_firmware()

I have fallowed offical guide to setup ChipWhisperer with my PC.

Hi,

Did scope.upgrade_firmware() finish running. If so, did you try power cycling the ChipWhisperer after scope.upgrade_firmware()` finished? You might’ve loaded the newest firmware, but not rebooted the device and flashed an older version back on.

Alex

Yes it did exicuted and finished. I have sloved that issue by installing original firmware in the ChipWhisperer. I have rebooted it many times. But it was solved by Boosa software to load old firmware in it.