Chipwhisperer pro display unresponsive

Hi,

I got the CW1200 about a month ago so I’m quite new at this.

Prior to posting this, I tried to find a solution for my issue in the forums and in the GitHub issues. I also updated to the firmware available with the 5.5.2 software.

My problem is that the display and touchscreen become on responsive while glitching (after about 280 cycles). The chipwhisperer is still functioning and glitching ok but the screen will remain frozen until I power cycle the unit.

I’ve tried different USB ports and it happens with the Windows install and the VBox image.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

If you try reverting to an earlier firmware version, do you still see this issue?

Alex

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I downgraded to 1.23 and the display works correctly now.

Is there something that I could do to help troubleshoot the issue with the newer version of the firmware?

Thanks again

We do have a new firmware that is in develop, but hasn’t made its way into release: cw1200.zip (255.4 KB)

IIRC we ran into something like this, but I can’t remember if it got fixed or not. Try this one out and let me know if it still has the issue.

Alex

Thank you.

I updated the firmware to 1.5 and it’s working well now.

Thanks again

Good to hear! Thanks for testing that for me.

Alex