My CWlite suddenly stopped working this morning. .
Yesterday I worked with CW all night and everything worked fine, and I disconnected it and went to bed. This morning I connected it again and CW no longer worked…
- When I connect USB cable the red and blue led turns on shortly and then turns off again.
- No USB device is detected when I plug-in CW in Windows 10.
- All SAM3U input power supplies are 3.3V
- VDDOUT is 1.8V
- NRSTB is high, Erase is high.
- PWRON is low hence no power to VBUS_SWITCHED and +5VCLEAN
- I do not have an oscilloscope so I cannot measure XIN (Q1)
- Tried multiple USB cables… no luck
I then did an erase with Jumber JP2 and repowered.
The led’s then went constantly on in a dimmed light. Still not USB connection though.
I then connected an FTDI to UART and programmed the firmware again using Bossa.
Programming was successful, but the CW just went back to previous mode… no USB and red and blue led only turns on shortly… not heatbeat.
Have anyone experienced anything similar? Any ideas on what to check?
It seems like the device is kept in reset or that the clock is not running.
As far as I know SAM3U has both an internal and external xtal and automatically tries both during initialization.
I may need to get an oscilloscope to measure for any activity.
Perhaps go through all solderings on SAMU3.