CW305 impact cannot find cable

Hi, I have CW305 and I want to upload the program from xilinx ise suit to the board using USB PORT but there is erorr saying cannot find cable, can you help me?

We strongly recommend Vivado over ISE, and in fact it looks like ISE supports the 100t variant of our CW305 but not the 35t variant (https://support.xilinx.com/s/article/62332?language=en_US).

If you have the 100t, then I’d imagine you would need the latest ISE release, since earlier ones may not know about that part.

What’s “USB PORT”? To program the FPGA using Xilinx tools, you’ll need something like the Xilinx platform cable.

Or you can simply program the CW305 FPGA using ChipWhisperer software (no Xilinx cable required!), as we do in our CW305 tutorial notebooks, like this:

import chipwhisperer as cw
scope = cw.scope()
target = cw.target(scope, cw.targets.CW305, bsfile=<path to your bit file>, force=True)

I already write me program in ISE and I dont have time to waut for xilinx platform cable is there any way I can upload my program to the board? there is USB PORT in the board I think I can use it or not?

Totally! Use the code I showed you above to program the bitfile using ChipWhisperer. All you need to do is:
1- Connect your CW305 to your computer with a USB cable.
2- Set bsfile to where your bitfile is.
3- Run that Python code.

The only disadvantage of using ChipWhisperer to program your FPGA is that if your FPGA design has ILAs (e.g. for debugging), you won’t be able to access them. For that you’ll need to use Xilinx tools and programming cables.