Error Connecting to CWLite

Hi All,

I’m trying to connect my CWLite with V4, but I encountered the following error messages:

>>> execfile(’/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scripts/connect_cwlite_simpleserial.py’)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<console>", line 1, in <module>

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scripts/connect_cwlite_simpleserial.py", line 9, in <module>

scope = cw.scope()

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/init.py", line 91, in scope

scope.con()

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/base.py", line 62, in con

if self._con():

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/OpenADC.py", line 145, in _con

self.scopetype.con()

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/openadc_interface/naeusbchip.py", line 108, in con

self.getFWConfig().loadRequired()

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererFWLoader.py", line 240, in loadRequired

self.loader.loadRequired(self.loadFPGA, forceFirmware)

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererFWLoader.py", line 186, in loadRequired

callback()

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererFWLoader.py", line 267, in loadFPGA

self.loader.loadFPGA()

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/capture/scopes/cwhardware/ChipWhispererFWLoader.py", line 193, in loadFPGA

self.driver.FPGAProgram(self.fpga_bitstream())

File "/home/tsv003a/chipwhisperer/software/chipwhisperer/hardware/naeusb/fpga.py", line 84, in FPGAProgram

raise IOError("FPGA Done pin failed to go high, bad bitstream?", bitstream)

IOError: [Errno FPGA Done pin failed to go high, bad bitstream?] <zipfile.ZipExtFile object at 0x7f5a2c1c1450>

Any idea what might be wrong here?

Regards,
Melvin.

Hi Melvin,

Are you connecting via a USB2.0 or USB3.0 port on your computer, or are you going through an adapter (such as USBC)? Additionally, what operating system are you running?

Alex

Hi Alex,

I’m running USB3.0. It was running fine previously. This strange error messages only popped out after I had connected my laptop to the CWPro. On another PC that did not get in contact with the CWPro, it connects perfectly with the CWLite.

Regards,
Melvin.

Hi Melvin,

Have you tried restarting ChipWhisperer Capture and, if that fails, your computer? I’m wondering if part of the scope object is still kicking around and it’s trying to program the Lite with the Pro’s bitstream.

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes. I have tried restarting the Chipwhisperer capture software, restarting my computer, swapping boot partitions, but to no avail.

Regards,
Melvin.

Hi Melvin,

Are you running through a VM? I believe we’ve had issues with programming the FPGA through the USB passthrough before.

Alex