ESP32 hardware setup

Hi team,

Just wanting a sanity check on my hardware setup for ESP32, I am using the sample simpleserial firmware(have also tried the .elf on the forked github) but I seem to get ack issues

Can someone confirm I have my hardware setup correctly so I can hopefully rule that out?
;

(ChipWhisperer Target ERROR|File SimpleSerial.py:314) Target did not ack
(ChipWhisperer Scope WARNING|File _OpenADCInterface.py:642) Timeout in OpenADC capture(), no trigger seen! Trigger forced, data is invalid. Status: 13
(ChipWhisperer Scope WARNING|File _OpenADCInterface.py:642) Timeout in OpenADC capture(), no trigger seen! Trigger forced, data is invalid. Status: 12
(ChipWhisperer Target WARNING|File SimpleSerial.py:410) Unexpected start to command:

TypeError Traceback (most recent call last)
Cell In[26], line 15
12 output = target.simpleserial_read(‘r’, 16)
14 from binascii import hexlify
—> 15 print(hexlify(output))
16 print(hexlify(text))

TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not ‘NoneType’

Hi,

There’s a Setup_CW308_ESP32.ipynb (if you’re using notebooks): https://github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer-jupyter/blob/master/Setup_Scripts/Setup_CW308_ESP32.ipynb. Are you running that?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes I tried that setup and had made changes for Husky (scope.clock.clkgen_src and
scope.clock.adc_mul) however I would see nothing on my oscilloscope…

I am seeing signals with oscilloscope on a generic setup but I assume I have the trigger setup wrong still…

Trying to understand the issue but may just be out of my depths here, can’t seem to find much projects wise for Husky to compare to (assuming I have Husky specific settings wrong)

Do you mean you’re not seeing a clock being output from the Husky, or just no serial outputs?