General Questions about the Analyzer Software

Hi,

first of all I would like to say that I have recently discovered Chipwhisperer and I must say that I am amazed by the vast work you have done Mr. Colin O’Flynn!
I am doing my Master Thesis on Side Channel Attacks at the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Patras (Greece) and your Analyzer Platform is a really promising start for me to experiment with my own traces (and the example ones that you have uploaded on your site) and implement / embed my own analysis scripts.

On topic now, I have 2 simple questions regarding the Analyzer Software.

1. Would it be possible for you to give a brief explanation on how to use the “Trace Explorer” feature of your Analyzer (or point me to an existing source explaining the use of it)?

2. Is it possible when I load an existing project, to load at the same time its corresponding Analysis script and not the new “Auto-Generated” script?

The information you provide on your various tutorials is really helpful to get acquainted with the Analyzer!
Thank you in advance for your response and congratulations again for your work!

anm

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunutly the answers might not be too helpful, but briefly:

It’s not complete yet the documentation… I’m making a few changes to it, the only docs so far are part of this tutorial: newae.com/sidechannel/cwdocs/tut … inghw.html but it doesn’t include all the features.

As of yet… no. On my long list of future features is to auto-save/load the analysis script you are using, right now you need to manually do that!

Let me know how you get on, feel free to contribute anything you find/ideas too!

Thank you very much for your quick response!

P.S. I would be really glad if my work manages to contribute even the slightest in your ChipWhisperer project.