I gave the head version from the GIT branch a try.
Still I am currently struggling with getting a very first “connect” to a “nano” device. I had some hope that the head version might have fixed some issues.
I’m working on a linux host and seeing the device in the output of the dmesg command …
[ 739.737035] usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-pci
[ 739.848065] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=2b3e, idProduct=ace0, bcdDevice= 1.00
[ 739.848070] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[ 739.848073] usb 2-1.2: Product: ChipWhisperer Nano
[ 739.848077] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: NewAE Technology Inc.
[ 739.848080] usb 2-1.2: SerialNumber: 533331003257394c3130313038343039
stil the python commands
#connect to chipwhisperer
scope = cw.scope()
target = cw.target(scope)
Warning: Failed to find USB Device
does report that there is no connected target …
Both my local installation and the version where I did connect through the VM show the same behaviour. Jupyter and all of the build stuff works fine.
Both (VM and my host machine) actually see the USB device, but no connect succeeds to the nano device …