How to utilize others cryptographic architectures (FPGA) on CW308

Hello guys,

I have some doubts with the Chipwhisperer 308 when I try to put others cryptographic architecture for create bitstream and attack them. I was using the AES 128 bits that have on folders for GitHub, but I want to analyze other implementation like AES GALS or Pipeline for AES. I try to put this architecture on board GCM-AES that I use from opencores (https://opencores.org/projects/gcm-aes), but on this architecture has others signals and wire/reg that don’t have on the implementation in chipwhisperer, yes I knew these architectures have that but where I can change on top-level from Chipwhisperer 308 UFO Target and my target is S6LX9 that I got it to make bitstream on ISE.

Warm Regards, Vinícius

Hi Vinicius,

The project file for AES implementation we provide for the CW308 FPGA target is here:
hardware/victims/cw308_ufo_target/spartan6lx9/ss_aes_ise/ss_aes_ise.xise

In it you’ll see the Verilog source files that it uses.

I’m not sure how much experience you have with Verilog, but you’ll need at least some basic knowledge in order to port a different design to the CW308 target environment. Wires and regs are internal signals. What will matter to you are the inputs and outputs; that’s what needs to line up.

That said, the opencores example you provide appears to have a similar interface, minus the UART interface that our design uses to communicate with the ChipWhisperer platform.

Regards,
Jean-Pierre