Initializing ChipWhisperer Lite for first time

Hello!

I am attempting to set up my ChipWhisperer lite for the first time.

I’ve run through the installation steps and installed all prerequisite packages. When I try to import CW with bash I get the following print:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “c:\chipwhisperer\software\chipwhisperer_init_.py”, line 15, in
from chipwhisperer.capture import scopes, targets
File “c:\chipwhisperer\software\chipwhisperer\capture\scopes_init_.py”, line 15, in
from chipwhisperer.capture.scopes.OpenADC import OpenADC
File “c:\chipwhisperer\software\chipwhisperer\capture\scopes\OpenADC.py”, line 29, in
from usb import USBError
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘usb’

I cannot for the life of me figure out what that means. I have updated the drivers and added everything to PATH. The CW is connected and recognized.

Mu OS is Windows 10.

Hi,

USB here is PyUSB, which should be installed during the pip install -r requirements.txt step in the installation. Try running pip install pyusb.

Alex

Hi Alex,
I installed pyusb (1.0.2) during initial installation, and just re-verified. Output is showing requirement is already satisfied.

Is there another usb module out there somewhere that maybe Im missing? I couldn’t find it anywhere in the online documentation or in any of the text files from the downloads.

Paul

Hi Paul,

usb is definitely PyUSB here. If you try to import usb yourself, are you able to? Also maybe try installing with/without the --user flag with pip?

Alex