Multitarget Board with Atmega328P

I just finished my built of the Chipwhisperer and the Multitarget Board.
I am using the Softwarerelease 0.09 from the zipfile.
My Problem is, that i can programm the atmega through AvrStudio 6.1 and also verify is possible.
I changed the CKSel to : EXTCLK_6CK_14CK_0MS. So External Clock should work now.
Now i tried to use the Simpleserial Example from the files. In the Capture V2 Software i changed the Target Connection to ChipWhisperer. Set Baudrates(Tx/Rx) to 38400, then i connect and alle 3 States went to Green(Master/Scope/target)
When i open the monitor and make one run, then the Text Out and Expected Field stays at ‘?’. Seems that no Response comes from the Atmega. The Power Trace contains some noise.
What in my Hardwaresetup is wrong ?
Any Ideas ?

Thanks

I am using an ZTEX 1.11c Board.
My Debug Logging Output:
Found programmed device
EZ-USB Microcontroller: Skipped firmware download (already done)
FPGA: Skipped configuration (already done)
No phase shift loaded

OpenADC Found, ConnectingTimeout in read: 0
WARNING: Partial Reconfiguration block not detected, PR disabled
Timeout in read: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “d:\downloads\chipwhisperer-0.09\chipwhisperer-0.09\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py”, line 60, in change
param.opts’set’
File “d:\downloads\chipwhisperer-0.09\chipwhisperer-0.09\software\chipwhisperer\capture\scopes\ChipWhispererGlitch.py”, line 240, in setGlitchWidthFine
current = self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_READ, glitchaddr, Validate=False, maxResp=8)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘sendMessage’
File “d:\downloads\chipwhisperer-0.09\chipwhisperer-0.09\openadc\controlsw\python\openadc\ExtendedParameter.py”, line 60, in change
param.opts’set’
File “d:\downloads\chipwhisperer-0.09\chipwhisperer-0.09\software\chipwhisperer\capture\scopes\ChipWhispererGlitch.py”, line 216, in setGlitchOffsetFine
current = self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_READ, glitchaddr, Validate=False, maxResp=8)
param.opts’set’
File “d:\downloads\chipwhisperer-0.09\chipwhisperer-0.09\software\chipwhisperer\capture\scopes\ChipWhispererGlitch.py”, line 309, in setNumGlitches
resp = self.oa.sendMessage(CODE_READ, glitchaddr, Validate=False, maxResp=8)

hmm… I don’t see anything off-hand at issue in the hardware. I’ll have to look into those errors about the PR blocks, they shouldn’t come up, but maybe was an error in my release sorry!

If you look on the scope tab there is a ‘frequency counter’. You can set the source to be ‘EXTCLK’, can you confirm it measures 7.37 MHz?

I set to ExtCLK and it measures 0 Hz with the Frequency Counter.
So i tested that the Clk Arrives at the FPGA. I confirmed that the Clock comes the multi-target, goes through U8 and then goes to the ztex Board.
That looks good for me.
I tested also the assembla github release. same result. Also the Ztex Board is now changed to a different one. the same result.

Hmm… is the clock source set as ‘Target-IO HS In’? If it’s coming into the ZTEX board it should definitely appear onto the GUI! Are you still getting that error about the partial reconfiguration error?

After deleting the firmware from the Ztex Modul, the Partial loading errors are away. maybe it also disapears when i started using the github version.
Attached are Screenshots from the Scope Settings.

After looking on the Screenshoots, i saw under Trigger-Pins the Clock Source Options. after changing that to TargetIO-IN the Frequency counter shows 7.37 Mhz. :slight_smile:

A Big Thank you for your Help.