We purchased the ChipWhisperer Lite 2-Part version. Using Virtual Box I had everything working correctly and was able to successfully execute a few of the tutorials. However, for some reason, it has stopped working and I get the error “OSError: Could not detect STM32F, check connections, BOOT MODE entry setup”.
It fails on the line “cw.program_target(scope, prog, fw_path)” in multiple tutorials. The previous line "%run “Helper_Scripts/Setup_Generic.ipynb” runs successfully.
Here are all of the things I have tried:
- Reconnected all of the cables multiple times.
- Powered off the system and upon reboot only ran VB and Jupyter to make sure no other app had control of the device.
- One of our techs buzzed out all of the cables and said they were all fine. Also, the chip on the target board was tested and was also fine.
- Tried different USB ports on the laptop.
- Verified that USB 3.0 is selected in VB.
- Checked device manager and ChipWhisper-Lite appears before VB runs and there are no errors.
- The USB driver was manually loaded during the initial setup. And as stated, the tests used to run without error.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks and regards,