SCA201: LAB1_1 Lab 1_1A - Resychronizing Traces with Sum of Absolute Difference

Hello ,
Lab ## SCA201: LAB1_1 Lab 1_1A - Resychronizing Traces with Sum of Absolute Difference
The mentioned lab is marked available under SIMULATOR, however I’m not sure how I can capture the traces since no hardware is required to be connected. The lab gives hints to refer lab5_1 under SCA101 , but this lab uses hardware to capture traces. Is there pre-recorded traces for this lab? and how can i use them to add the jittery traces?

I’m stuck on this part :

Perform the capture, resulting in a project of 200 jittery traces. See the notebooks to copy your data into!

Lab link: https://github.com/newaetech/chipwhisperer-jupyter/blob/f7aa41fb1d547d1d08f5dbaf6e945478278b74a0/courses/sca201/Lab%201_1A%20-%20Resychronizing%20Traces%20with%20Sum%20of%20Absolute%20Difference.ipynb

Thank you.

Hi,

You can do the simulated labs in the same way you did in sca201: by opening the simulated version of the notebook (Lab 1_1A - Resychronizing Traces with Sum of Absolute Difference (SIMULATED).ipynb) and copying the required code over to the base notebook.

If you want to use hardware, do the same, except with the hardware version of the notebook.

Hope that helps,

Alex

Thank you that helped, it seems I was overanalyzing the prerequisites.