Scope usage to see voltage glitch

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to power glitch a target board. I would like to see the glitch waveform produced.

I’m using the CW-Lite board and it seems to me that it’s possible to use the (second channel & T-connector & another SMA cable) to see the glitch waveform produced.

But I haven’t seen anything in the documentation to handle the digital scope from Jupyter Notebook.
Can you help me please ?

Thank by advance !

This could be possible in theory (*), but I don’t think it would be very useful in practice because ChipWhisperer has a low sampling rate. If you need to visualize the glitch, it’s much better to use an external oscilloscope, with a higher sampling rate (especially in the case of narrow glitches!).

(*) CW’s frontend is designed for AC-coupled measurements of signals that have tiny variations, so it may not do so well with large 0 - 5V swings.

(**) if your objective is to validate that the location and width of the glitch is what you want it to be, then the upcoming CW-Husky will be able to do that for you. Unfortunately it’s not possible to add this feature to the CW-lite because its FPGA is fully utilized. This still won’t be a replacement for a good oscilloscope, however.

Jean-Pierre