Some questions about clock and voltage glitch

Hi everyone.
I am new to chipwhisperer. I try to implement the clock and voltage glitch fault attack AES, but I have some questions after I trying to run some tutorials.

The boards I use are CE305 and CE-Lite (2-parts).

1. I know tutorials in archive are no longer supported, but I am still confused about how to tell if the tutorial can be executed on CW305. PLATFORM = 'CWLITEXMEGA' and PLATFORM = 'CWLITEARM'may not be suitable for CW305.

2. I know from Getting started with CW305 that there is a CW305 AES tutorial. However, I need to implement the clock and voltage glitch fault attack that’s why I try to use this way to generate clock glitch, and the error appears.
    My hardware connecting are measure to clkout (T13) and glitch to clkin (N11).

import chipwhisperer.common.results.glitch as glitch
scope.glitch.offset = 5
scope.glitch.width = 40 
scope.glitch.ext_offset = 5 
scope.glitch.repeat = 8 
scope.arm() 
scope.capture() 
WARNING:ChipWhisperer Scope:Timeout in OpenADC capture(), no trigger seen! Trigger forced, data is invalid. Status: 0b
WARNING:ChipWhisperer Scope:Timeout in OpenADC capture(), no trigger seen! Trigger forced, data is invalid. Status: 0a

Sorry for those noob questions, but I am really confused. I already tried unplugging the USB interface and restart the code, But this didn’t work. Please help me.
Thank you and wish everyone has a happy new year!

Hi,

1. CWLITEXMEGA refers to our XMEGA target, CWLITEARM is our ARM target. CW305 is neither of those. None of the tutorials under the “courses” directory are for the CW305. Most of these are for the ARM target (which is probably what you have with your 2-part CW-lite), some of them will also run on the XMEGA target. For CW305 tutorials, see here: chipwhisperer-jupyter/demos at master · newaetech/chipwhisperer-jupyter · GitHub. There’s one AES tutorial and a series of 5 ECC tutorials.

2. Start with the glitch tutorials using the ARM target to learn how to use glitching. In this case, you armed ChipWhisperer (scope.arm) and tried to capture the power trace (scope.capture), what’s missing in between these two steps is a command to make the target “go” and issue a trigger to the CW-lite. Our tutorials will teach you how to do this.

Jean-Pierre

1. Thank you for your detailed explanation. It will definitely help many people who are just starting to use CW305.

2. Thanks, I know where I missed, still trying to put the trigger in the correct position!